Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Vogue 8788

I've been meaning to post about this for a few weeks but haven't made the time.
I didn't take construction photos but there are a few details that I changed that I would like to share.
So here is the pattern, I made view A.



I bought the fabric knowing just which patten I wanted to make. It was just a matter of getting around to the making of it. It is a wrap around dress and reminds me a lot of the apron McCall's 2104 I made way back when I started this blog.

I used 100% organic cotton in my favourite colour, green or grass as it is called by Birch Organic Fabric's call it. I just love there prints.

At the join hidden in the front I added bra hooks to give me room. You know for when you have not so skinny feeling days. My mother suggested this and it was a great idea.

I had to add darts to the side of the bust as my bust is smaller then the pattern for my size.

Other then those bits I plan to raise the hem from mid shin to just under the knees.
This dress is lovely to wear and easy to iron.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment