Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pumpkin Scones

I have found myself baking more and more, it's amazing what you can do when you have more time, or should I say your priorities change.
One of the first cooking books I have ever owned is this one, The Commonsense Cookery Book.


I was giving a pumpkin and besides pumpkin soup I have been making scones.
First all the basics out.


The dough, it wasn't very yellow so I was unsure how they would be at this stage.
I am renowned for my Dwarf War bread, so I was really hoping it didn't turn out that bad.


Before they went in the oven.


On the cooling rack afterwards. I was so happy they worked. The first batch was eaten in one sitting.


After this success I cooked, massed and froze the rest of the pumpkin for future batches. Although I make double batches and there is still few left.
I can't blame the family really there are for eating and got great with tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment