Sunday, July 21, 2013

Lemon Meringue Pie

I started watching The Great Australian Bake Off and while the children and I are enjoying it, it really hasn't lived up to the spin. It has the makings of a Great show but it only just makes a good one. What I have enjoy a lot is the web site and the recipes area.

I like to cook but I'm not a very good one. Some how I manage to fail at the most simple recipes.
The Lemon Meringue Pie looked great and having never made one I thought I'd give it a go.


I had a roast in the oven last night and decided to make the pie for dessert. However in the end it was a late night and everyone went to bed without dessert. So over night the whole thing settled and doesn't look as fluffy as it first did.

I don't own a mixer so I had to do the Meringue with an old fashion egg beater, it took me 20 min to get it thick and fluffy but I just didn't have the strength to get those pecks.


When I make this again I would like to get the pastry thinner and get the top edge of the pastry even. Also mix the lemon curd better as Atomic Dad said he could taste the egg or maybe I need to add an other lemon. And if I can some how get those pecks I would be very happy.


I servered mine up with Premium custard and tea.
It's sweet and sour but I really liked the taste.

Hope your cooking tastes yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment