Thursday, July 11, 2013

Book - How to Build Modern Furniture

I can't tell you how please I was to get this book in the mail. I first bought it on eBay in January but it didn't arrive. I contacted the seller and luckily hew insures all book sales outside of the USA. So after many emails and a form or two he was able to send me a new book and I was not out of pocket.


Here is the front cover and as you can see it is not a "NEW" book, as in freshly printed but new to me. It was published in the 1950's and is still in good condition.



Here is the back cover. These images are some of the designs you can make, details are inside.


The contents go's over the page but this gives you an idea of what is inside.


This is the first project you can make. It is a home handyman's or woman's workbench.


A set of pages showing the detail of putting different types of chairs together. You are also given the design for these chairs further in.


Here are the cover pages with some more images of items you can make.

Why have I bought this book? I have tired of trying to buy vintage/ retro furniture in and around my area. I am too remote from the larger cities to make it viable to travel to buy and have it sent back. So after much talk with my father-in-law I am going to have a go at making some.

Well that's the plan, we'll see how I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment