Saturday, September 29, 2012

Simplicity 7993

I was in the mood to sew but I wanted to start fresh, not a UFO. After flicking thought the pattern boxes and piles of fabric I decide upon this simple patter for Miss Little.


And this busy fabric. After a quick trip to the store to get a zip, as that was all I needed to get started, we were off and stitching.

Front, back and collar stitched together.


Back view.

 Up close of the front neck. Hope this looks better once finished.

 First go at the back zipper.

 Second go at the back zipper. Left it a that. I was also meant to put two eye and hooks in but didn't and Miss Little and I always get our hair hooked.

 Detail for front chest.

 The fabric was too busy to really see this part of the pattern.

 Finished dress. We are very happy with how it came together and it was very easy to sew.

 Back view, note the ties, the tie ends are hidden behind the front detail.

Since I have fabric left we are going to make a second dress. I will change some of the panels for a plain coloured fabric and Miss Little is going to give me a helping hand.

She has already cut out the pattern. Might have the second dress ready by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment