Sunday, June 24, 2012

In The Garden and One Busy Life

Well it's been some time since I've posted. I can't say I'm sorry as it's a reflection of how busy my life has been and how little time I've had to myself. Since a friend commented that she missed my random updates I thought it a good reason to get back to blogging. I have been keeping a paper/pen journal as I've always done this and somethings just can't be shared.

So I thought I would start with my garden as this is where I've just spent the morning.


Next to the compost bin is our new Worm Cafe. Miss Little and I set this up yesterday as part a Cub badge.


The herb plot was going so well I had to move some of the plants to the back garden before they took over. In one of the green pots at the back is a blueberry bush, not sure how that is going to go yet.


This garden bed has (from front to back) tomato and pumpkin (these two came up from the compost layed out), brussel sprouts, cabbage, broccoli and dwarf beans. 


Second bed, cardboard (preping for more veggies), capsicum, beetroot, tomatoes and lettuce.


After the citrus trees here died off (I think I killed them by accident) I planted new one. And at the far end, which you can't see, I found a Tropical Apple Tree.

While I have lots of other food plant around the garden nothing is fruiting yet. There are new and very small raspberry plants, a second pineapple, a chilli tree that invited itself and an avocado tree in the back corner, it's still small.

Till next time may the sun shine strong, it rain in the evening and your plants bear lovely food.

No comments:

Post a Comment