So here is the dress, I've used view D with a few changers.
I've used a very light muslim in white to help with ghostly effect I was after, worked very well. However laying out the pattern almost did my head in and I ended up just cutting as I need. I just didn't have the space to lay it all out and cut in one go.
Dress all sewen up and ready for first fitting. I went with size 14, but I am a size 12 on the pattern, as there was very little room between sizes and I wanted extra room. I also knew I could take the dress in if needed.
The back was meant to be laced up but I put a zipper in. This was not hard, removed the need for one pattern peace and one step. You could leave it in for a more historically correct outfit but I did it.
This dress had gussets much like the last dress I sewed with them (VV1043) but at least I knew what to do this time.Finished outfit, I also have an underskirt to post about but that can wait for now.
This is me at Games Day, it was so much fun.