Friday, March 18, 2011

Bits of Australian History - 1952

Much happened in Australian in 1952, here are just a few points of what was happening in Australian that year.

King George Vl dies - February 6th, 1952.

16th of November - Lang Hancock discovers iron ore in Western Australia.

Mervyn Richardson invents the Victa Lawnmower.

Australia at war with North Korea (begain in 1950).

Australian Calendar for 1952

Dame Joan Sutherland makes her London debut.

Harris & Nugent Fabrics are established, sold in 2010 to Verve Designer Collections.

Want more? Wiki has a lot more detail, I just selected bits of what I know and what I've found, plus some random stuff I dug up off the Internet. Hope your all having a good week.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! What a great idea, I think I'll take to find something for my country at that time ...

    ReplyDelete