Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Thrifty 365 - January review

Last month I have not done much more then spend a lot of time planning, which is not a bad thing. I am not a big thriftier in the respect that I don't shop second hand, yet it has been over 1 year since I brought retail clothes for myself or family. So it's a start.

The "Do's" I did,

Meal planning and make homemade treats,
I have started a list of gifts I can make for friends and family,

The "Do Not's" I did,

New men's shirt pattern for Atomic Dad,
New suit pattern for myself,
New fabric total not need, just one of those moments, best way to prevent this is not to go near fabric shops (not sure that's going to work)

I know this month was not that great but I've got to start some were and it might as well be at the bottom. I was making plans for February but I will put that all on hold till Cyclone Yasi is gone and see how we are.

Plans for February were to visit one thrift store a week (something I would not normally do), MPB Men's shirt sew-along, shirt's for both boy's, start walking again.

Well I'm off to bunker down, have a good week and week end.

1 comment: