Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday Sewing - Janome Decor

I thought I would introduce you to my sewing machine, this wonderful piece of equipment was given to me about 9 years ago as a birthday gift and is still going strong. It's an Excel Pro 5124 for those who like details, I just like that is all mine. I have access to 24 different stitches and Button Holes, but I think I've only ever used about 10 of them.

What I love about my Janome?
It's reliable and easy to use, and as long as I keep it serviced it's never fallen apart on me.

What I don't love about my Janome?
Having 3 small children I sew alot of small clothes and can't get the sleeves etc over the end, it's too big. I also wish the right side had more space for those bulky items to fit better.

Machine Feet I own (other then the normal ones),
Rolled Hem,
Button Hole,
Darning,
Even Feed,
1/4 inch seam,
Zipper Foot,
Concealed Zipper,

Machine Feet I would like to own,
Ditch Quilting,
Binder,
Piping,

The truth is I've been sewing for along time using only straight and zig-zag stitch, and for many years straight stitch is all many people have had. So you don't need all those fancy stitch options or machine feet, they do however make it easier, faster and more fun, in my opinion.

I would like to learn some of the finer details about sewing this year so I can get the most out of my Janome. I know there are things it can do that I'm just not sure of or even know about. I would also like to clean up some of that mess you can see to the left, I've still got a lot of stuff from my mother to go through.

Happy sewing everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I have a Janome 4618 - only about 3-4 years old - and I have the ruffling foot and the binding foot for it. I also have a Janome My Lock Overlocker.
    They are great!
    I am envious of your foot collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as though you have a great little set up. =)

    ReplyDelete