Friday, January 7, 2011

Dreaming of Sewing

Today I join the MPB Men's Shirt sew-along, this one is for Atomic Dad and all that fabric I keep buying for me*coff* him. I'm really looking forward to this. I have no idea what pattern I'm going to use yet but I can't wait.

I've also been thinking about a new wardrobe for work, as I like the idea of a uniform but since I'm the boss I don't really have one. So I've come up with an idea (will have to add to my "to do list"). New suite from the tweed I got in Sydney, and some other bits to mix and match. So it will be some thing like this.....

1x Jacket,
2x Fitted skirts (1x tweed, 1x ?),
4x different tops (these I've got lost of vinage patterns for),

I'm after a vintage pattern with a nice fitted coat, something lovely but dressy. I haven't finished going through my pattern boxes yet but I don't remember seeing anything of the like. Please, please, oh pritty please let me know if you find anything of the like, as I would love to own the pattern.

1 comment:

  1. I have a few suit patterns from vintage vogue that are really gorgeous. They're 40's suits and they're modern re-release patterns so they fit modern figures! If you're looking for a great pencil skirt, I love the Simplicity Amazing Fit pencil skirt. I made one last winter in just one evening. It's tailored to fit all different shapes so you always get a great, flattering skirt. I made mine from a houndstooth wool and it's one of my favorite skirts!! They come in all lengths too so you can ensure that it's always office appropriate. Good luck in your sewing adventures! xoxo

    ReplyDelete