Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday Sewing - Australian Sunday Sun 4620

Well I can't say I finished the green 60's dress on my own but it is finished. I have to admit that this dress may just be the limit of my current sewing abilities, if it had not been for one fact I would have spent as long as it took to work it out BUT I didn't, I took it off to a seamstress to help finish it.


The fact is that while the pattern is not easy and I've never done anything like it before that didn't stop me from trying. What stopped me from spending forever on it was the fabric. I got this small amount of fabric on a trip to Sydney and totally love it. I can't just go and buy more and I have only about 2 meter of it, with this in mind I could only do this once. I am not disappointed that I took the dress to someone else, in fact I am really pleased, it's much better then looking at it unfinished for who know how long.

These shot's were all taken by Master Little 7 and the batteries failed before we finished, I hope to get some better ones next time I wear it.


I love the detail at the neck, and think the buttons are such a nice touch.

The dark green bias trim is not part of the pattern. I made this change for two reasons 1. the interfacing pattern pieces are missing and 2. I am loving bias trim and what it can do to an outfit.


Ooh! I picked these shoes up on my trip to Sydney as well. There GREEN and look great with this fabric. I couldn't plan it better. The lovely seamed stockings are from The Lindy Charm School for Girls and I get so many comments when I wear them.

These photo's were taken as we walked out the door to a party on Saturday night so it was a bit rushed but I will be wearing this dress every chance I get. It feels great and am too happy to have it finished to care about the fact it wasn't all me.

Hope your having a lovey week end, Happy Sewing!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks stunning! What a great Party dress! It fits you to a T, and the bias detail and the green shoes just set it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! That dress is stunning! I love the green piping and it looks fabulous with your shoes and stockings! Great fabric and fit as well! FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! What fabulous fabric and fit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your lovely comments. It's so nice when others love something as much as you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it and the shoes, wow !!! Just perfect !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, found you on Sew Retro and just wanted to say how lovely your dress looks. I love the fabric too...what a find!

    ReplyDelete