Friday, October 22, 2010

While I was Away


I've come and gone but while I was away my work built up, as is seems to always do when I'm not looking.
Our business trip was to Sydney and as it turns out it was all work and no play, I lie I took a few hours out to visit the Love Vintage fair that was on while we were down there.

Since I'm the planning kind of person and knew about the fair when our trip was planned I also booked myself in with The Lindy Charm School for Girls and was so pleased I did. Due to a change in timing I didn't get to do the full 3 hours but was very happy with what I did learn. If you are in Australia and get the opportunity to see these lovely ladies then do so, you will be pleased to if you do.

I was also lucky to find myself standing next to Candice DaVille aka Super Kawaii Mama, it was lunch on Sunday and she had no voice left from the week end but she as lovely in person as she is on her blog.
Since I knew I would only get a short few hours to spend at the fair I went with a list,
  • A pair of vintage shoes
  • Some vintage fabric
  • A pair of short gloves
  • A pair of long gloves
  • Some seamed stockings
  • A vintage hat
  • Vintage styled underware
I was able to get most on my list, having long fingers made it hard to find gloves that fit and I couldn't find a hat that jumped up at me. But on the whole I was happy with what I did get, I also got a pair of green shoes but they're at the cobblers getting new heals as they were worn a bit.




The best thing about my time was the feeling of excitement seeing so many other people as excited as me to be there. Other than through mine and other peoples blogs. I don't know anyone who shares my interest in retro/vintage where I live.

Thank you all, for sharing with me, it means so much.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back!

    I always love the fabric you select. Can't wait to see what you make.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! What fabulous finds - I love the gloves. Gloves need to come back in to vogue. I think women look so elegant wearing them.

    Lucky you to have gotten to go to the Lindy Charm School!! I would love to, but living on the other side of the world means no. I'm so pleased you met Candice. I love her and her blog.

    Glad to have you back. I've missed your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the knid words, it's nice to be back too.

    ReplyDelete