Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday Sewing

This week I got to finish my first pair of pants, Simplicity 4255 size 16. I was hoping to do the top as well but didn't quite get there in the end. Fabric I used was a cotton stretch, another first for me, it worked great and feels lovely.

I added a yellow button to the side to pull the waist in as the pants are a bit too big and the yellow will tie in with the fabric I've picked for the top. Was hoping to put yellow buttons on the bottom of the pants as well but didn't have the right number in my stash.
Overall they feel great, they don't look like the cover but it is just a drawing after all. My mother said next pair I make come to her and she will show me how to cut down a pattern so it fit's better. For now I'm wearing it with my Pink Shirt.
I will most likely be making these again in many colours, don't you just love when you love a pattern and it loves you back.
Happy sewing.

2 comments:

  1. What a great colour - they look really comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look great! :) i especially love it withthe shirt tucked in! :)

    ReplyDelete