Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sunday Sewing

UFO - McCall's 2104 Apron


I'm not sure when I started this project and I'm not sure why I stopped but since I found it, while hunting for fabric for a different project, I thought I would finish it.

I have made this pattern before and love it. It comes with an iron on transfer but I traced it so I could reuse it again, this is a good idea for vintage transfers. You can use them as often as you like this way. I stitched the glass and apple by hand as it was a simple design.

The apron it's self is made from an old bed sheet and I was inspired to trim it with green and white when I found it at the store hunting for zippers. Atomic Dad says he can tell it's the second one I've made as the finish is much better. Thank you Darling.

I have an idea to use this pattern to make a summer dress but will wait for some warmer weather, as it's still cool and raining lots.

3 comments:

  1. That is such a cute pattern - and transfer! I love the green bias - it really makes the apple pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a CUTE apron!! I love the apple too its so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw that pattern on Etsy and thought how lovely it was. I'll have to purchase it now as it looks wonderful made up !

    ReplyDelete