Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Make the Most of Your Home

From the AHJ, September 1959, form this month comes this article. I hope you will be able to click on the images to enlarge the and be able to read it yourself, should you wish to.


Laminated Plastics

"In Keeping with the growing use of laminated plastics in the home, we devote our decorating section this month to the effects to be gained through these materials, and also tell you just how to use them."


I Like the white and orange kitchen but would use green in place of the orange, I think I could talk Atomic Dad into it easily. I am currently hunting down vintage laminated plastic adds and what is still available today, almost all the plain colours and wood grains can still be brought, how ever some of the more retro patterns, eg the Boomerang, look like they may have to be custom made if your in Australia.


I have a lovely young man from The Laminex Group here in Cairns, Australia, helping me out. If I have any colours adds I can take them in and he will help me find the best matched laminex chips he has. Will let you know what I find as I find it.

I hope if your doing up your home or just a room you are having better luck then I, and if you are and your blogging it I would love to know about it, please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment