Friday, September 10, 2010

Cheating at Cooking

While I would love to claim to be a retro housewife I can't. I would love to make all our meals and treats from scratch but I just don't have the time. I am not a super mum and I don't want to be. So to make things easier for myself I have taken to packet mixes and the change has been for the best so far.

If you know were to shop or have a look around you can buy organic, allergy free, gluten free, vegan etc, packet mixes. So you can limit the guilt at not having made it from scratch, but I did make it often with many little hands helping.

So far I've managed a quite a few things but to save time cooking I bake the cake while we eat dinner, or put the cupcakes in the oven just before I get the children from school ( I live very close to our school). It's amazing what you can do when you stop feeling guilty for what you don't so.

I know it's not for everyone and that some lovely ladies would not see it as being very retro but until I can spend more time at home and less in the office it suites us fine. Happy Baking and I hope everything you make is lovely.

4 comments:

  1. I think you're a super mom. Packaged mixes smackaged mixes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Packaged mixes can definitely be great to have on hand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do what you have to do when time is limited.

    ReplyDelete