Monday, August 9, 2010

Sunday Sewing

Well I got around to making the half slip, I did view C. This was the one I planned to use an old single bed valance to make and it worked out nicely. In the end I was only short a few inches for the lace which you really didn’t noice once you gathered, and the lace is a larger width then required but I couldn’t bring myself to cut the lace so I left it.


It fits very well under my McCalls 3996 dress and not as hot as I thought it was going to be. I am yet to wear it out in public but Darling Husband said it doesn’t look to bad, not bad coming from him.

Left - without halfslip, Right - with halfslip.

Not sure it I will make this again, that will depend on how much use I get out of it.


What I would do differently next time? Get the right size lace but that’s it.

What I dis/like about this outfit? I like that it feels lighter on then it looks. Dislike the fact that I may not get much use out of it.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it! You may get more use out of it in the cooler seasons. It's really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you will get lots of wear from it. I have many full crinolines and never wear a full skirt with out one. They look better because they were meant to be worn with a petticoat. The proper under pinnings make all the difference when wearing vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very pretty nice work, Also I LOVE your dress it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should use it all the time! I agree with Jaede - correct underpinnings make all the difference! (and I just love view A of the petti pattern! that one looks really serious!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the fresh spring green- fetching.

    ReplyDelete