Friday, August 27, 2010

A Look Inside


AHJ August 1959
Originally uploaded by Atomic Mum
I thought it would be great to have a look inside one of my vintage magazines of this month, I picked Australian Home Journal, August 1959.

It comes with three (3) free patterns, those you see on the cover. There is no contents page to copy but I'll give you an idea of what inside.

Apart from all the adds, somethings never change, you can find correspondents, review on films and plays, a short story, dress patterns to order, "Make the most of your home" article about interior decorating, recipes, free knitting patterns and don't forget your star signs.

If I get some time soon I would really like to make pattern 5337 (yellow dress on cover) and in a fresh yellow too would be a nice change.

Hope you have a lovely day/night.

1 comment:

  1. The dresses are great! Thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete