Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Thrifty 365: March & Reaching Towards Retro

I've rolled 2 posts together here, one about my Thrifty 365 challenge and one as a summery of what I am doing to retro fry my life and family.

Thrifty 365: March

Since work has taken over not much has happened but I did do a few things.
I brought new linen for all the children’s beds, as well as water proofing, since I don’t remember the last time I did this and it was all on sale, it was meant to be. I did however turn one of the old sheets into a shirt for Master Little 1.

Oh and I made a great little outfit for Master Little 2 from my stash.

And bumped into a shoe sale, I now own 5, yes 5 pairs of shoes. I know that doesn’t sound like a lot but for me it is and for the 1950’s in Australia that was indulgent.

Reaching Towards Retro

My main focus has been to get my hands on as many book, magazines etc, from the 1950’s that were published in Australia and read all of them. I have tried to scan and post and new ones I get.

Clothes, the only person in the house hold without at least one retro outfit is Darling Husband, I just need to find the right fabric that he will agree to wear. Hmmmmm a lot harder than it sounds, may have got lucky with these fabrics tho.

Cooking has slowed to a halt since I am working till 5pm most days, no nice 2 or 3 dish plans. Not happy about this one but can’t be helped at the moment.

House wise nothing has happened.

Overall I am still very much in the research faze, I want to make sure whatever I do is Australian 1950’s, and it’s a lot harder than I thought. So back to the library for more books and reading, it’s a good thing I love to read.

Hope all your days are full of sun light, retro or otherwise.

4 comments:

  1. I commend you! I couldn't live with just 5 pairs of shoes ^^ ;; though I'm trying to alter my shopping habits so that I buy less 'throwaway' clothes and more investment pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and am looking forward to seeing your research! I've always been curious how the 1940s and 50's were in different parts of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the support and the lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete