Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Good Wife Part 2

Well I haven't had much like thriffing or Op shopping in my area as yet but I have been collecting Australian mags, mainly from eBay. While reading through one I came across this article from Woman, May 2nd, 1949.
It's a more true idea of what an Australian housewife would have been doing in the 40's, 50's and 60's, and right up to today for some woman. (The Good Wife Part 1) I hope you can click on it to read it as a larger pic. It's a good read.

I broke it down into days.

Monday
  • Clean up after breakfast
  • Make beds
  • Wash and hangout clothes
  • Clean bathroom and tolite
  • Have a Break
  • Clean Kitchen stove
  • Clean rifrigerator (defrost)
  • Polish floors
  • wipe over cupboards
  • Give rest of house a light once over
  • Bring dryed clothes in
  • Lunch
  • May do ironing today or leave for tomorrow
  • Use leftovers from Sunday dinner for dinner tonight
Tuesday
  • Clean up after breakfast
  • Make beds
  • Electric cleaner and mop floors
  • Clean curtins, lounges, chairs, etc.
  • Lunch
  • Food shopping
Wednesday
  • Clean up after breakfast
  • Make beds
  • She goes to tennies, so I guess it's like a day off
Thursday
  • Clean up after breakfast
  • Make beds
  • 1st week - Clean silver
  • 2nd week - Clean windows
  • 3rd week - Clean cupboards, I think she means pull it all out and clean inside.
Friday
  • Clean up after breakfast
  • Make beds
  • Give whole house a once over
  • Sweep floors
  • "Do" the flowers, not sure about this
  • Dusting
  • Lunch
  • Food shopping
I would realy like to give this a good go, but I will have to fit it all into three days as I work in our family business two days a week, school hours thank goodness. Will blog later about if it is a success or a flop. (I plan to make this work as it's not that different to what I do now)

No comments:

Post a Comment