Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sewing Made Easy

I got this great 1950's sewing book off EBay before Christmas, Sewing Made Easy By Dorothy Sara with revisions By Irene Gora. I come from a long line of sewing women but since clothes are so cheap these days I've never tryed them till now. Read this book almost from cover to cover before starting my apron loved all the little extra tid-bits and help for making you outfit look store brought. I often go back to it just to make sure I am doing something right.

Right now I'm looking at doing curtains for our smallest child's room and the book has a whole chapter on Sewing for the Home. I'll put updates on that as it comes along.

2 comments:

  1. Enid Gilchrist sewing books are quite good too. The Gilchrist ones with children clothes have some lovely ideas. You can get them on Ebay or (if lucky) at secondhand stores. Good luck with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I haven't found any more of her books yet.

    ReplyDelete