Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New Button

I found this great blog Rhinestones and Telephones and fell in love with the idea of Thrift 365 and added it as a button. The idea would feel very much like living in the 1940's - 50's with the amount of rationing still going on back then in Australia.

Did you know that the only jewellery allowed to be made in Australia during WWII was plain wedding bands. As I'm not a jewellery person this wouldn't have bothered me.

The only issue for us will be the new 1950's kitchen going in later this year. I can't find a second-hand one in good nick and close, so it has to be custom made.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and joining me on the Thrifty365 Pledge. It's great to know I have company! :)

    A new 1950s kitchen?? I am drooling with envy!! This certainly couldn't be thrifted without a huge expense, so new it is! I hope you'll be posting picture!

    Sarah in Canada :)

    ReplyDelete