Tuesday, January 26, 2010

McCalls 3996

Not long after my apron was finished I came across some blue fabric in one of my many boxes of sewing stuff, it was the right type of fabric I needed to make this dress. All I needed to buy was the white bas, Fabric - found, buttons - found, loads of thread. So here is the first 1950's dress I made.
I got the patten from http://www.sovintagepattens.com/, and am very happy with the way it worked out. I know it's a USA patten but it is much like many of the dresses I've seen in photo's. Still trying to find Australian pattens from the 1940's & 50's.


3 comments:

  1. Found your blog on Sew Retro and had to say hi to a fellow Aussie! Your dress turned out super cute, I like the piping a lot. Welcome to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the color! I am going to me on the lookout for that pattern.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete