Monday, January 18, 2010

Colours, Colours, Colours

It's funny I can find a lot on the net about paint/colours for 1940-70 but most of it's USA, walk into an Australian store and say retro and they say bright orange. Once I got few to calm down and show them what I was after I started to find all the focus is on Traditional (1800 - 1930's). However some of these could be used, as they are Australian retro. The colours to the right are from Dulux Traditional http://www.dulux.com.au/ , while they are not all strictly retro there are a few you could use, you just need to the at the overall colour scheme you will be doing.

We are leaning towards white, red, green with lots of cromo. So we will need more vivid colours and I found the ones left at Luxury Paints http://www.luxurypaints.com.au/ . They had a lot more in store but I didn't have the time to go through them all.


Will keep looking out for colours but I think it will be a matter of know just what you want and taking to were ever you get your paint and getting them to mix it. Hoping to find an interior desine book that might help.

No comments:

Post a Comment